We are a registered charity, with all profit from the hiring of the hall helping to maintain it and the surrounding grounds.
The hall is run and maintained by a dedicated group of Camerton residents; the Camerton Community Hall Committee. We are all volunteers and always welcome enquiries and useful suggestions from you....wherever you may live!
The Hall is currently fundraising. If you would like to help then please visit our easyfundraising page:
2018: An Annual Review (from the Trustees Report)
Camerton Community Hall is a community centre for the residents of Camerton parish and neighbourhood; together with the recreation ground/sports field it provides facilities for physical exercise, training, meetings, lectures, classes, camping and other forms of leisure-time activities and entertainment.
Built nearly 40 years ago many of the local residents are aware of the hard work that went in to fundraising and creating this wonderful facility for which the present residents owe a debt of gratitude.
As a result of an Extraordinary General Meeting held on 31st January 2017 a new committee was formed. As a result of an Extraordinary General Meeting held on 31st January 2017 a new committee was formed and Vision and Mission Statements were implemented:
To be the Community / Church Hall of choice within a 10-mile radius and in doing so double our annual income within two years
1. Review all current income streams and identify potential profitable new ones
2. Review all current costs /suppliers to obtain best value for money
3. Review all our current procedures and identify best practices and learn from fellow community halls
adopting their procedures where relevant
4. Create a clear marketing strategy
5. Increase community engagement
6. Ensure all the above is done in accordance with the Charitable Trust and the Hall’s Constitution.
It soon became apparent that much needed to be reviewed, overhauled and updated. To achieve this the key areas for review were identified; individual committee members took responsibility for Accounts including Grant Applications, Membership/Friends of the Hall, Bookings, Pricing Policy, Event Management, Maintenance, Marketing, the Constitution, Website Creation & Management, and Publicity. In addition, various Steering Groups were created to ensure that all key proposals had been thoroughly researched before coming to the full committee.
running costs have been reduced
grants of £2000 & £1000 have been awarded from Camerton Parish Council
valuable new working relationships with key organisations have been established
the return of football has been secured
potential new one-off and regular bookings have been identified & approached
bookings income has increased this year by 13% (£1950)
key maintenance projects have been identified and completed
- the hall and grounds electrics & lighting have been completely renew
- new heating has been fitted in the foyer, toilets and bar
- new sanitary ware and hand dryers have been fitted
- the changing rooms have been refurbished
- the foyer, bar and toilets have been redecorated
- an office has been created as well as much needed storage
- the garage has been cleared out and a workshop and storage area created
- Calor gas has been installed to supply catering cooker
much Kitchen equipment has been replaced; new fridge, catering cooker, microwave etc
the majority of the Hall policy documents have been up-dated/re-written
a very successful website has been created which is bringing in more business (and the envy of other community halls)
the much-neglected Spinney (copse) has been re-claimed and developed and become a small nature reserve with wheelchair access. 60 new indigenous saplings donated by the woodland trust, wild flower seeds and bulbs have been planted
Events during this first year have included:
- Easter Egg Hunt (2)
- Sommer Fete
- Children’s Halloween Party
- Winter Talks (5)
- Mendip Male Voice Choir Concert
- Sri Lankan Pop-Up Restaurant
Camerton Community Hall Chairman